Re: [PipingDesign] GRP Pipe Design

From: <M.>
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 06:12:00 EDT

Dear Hafiz

The equations present at ASME B31.3 for pressure sizing of nonmetallic piping are limited. As result for pressure design, nonmetallic piping must comply with the listed standard in Table A326.1 or qualified per A304.7.2. ASME B31.3 have the following formula for RTR & RPM straight pipe

t= PD/2SF+P

Please request the vendor to provide you the design equation utilized in this regard. On what basis he specified the 18.1 mm thickness. Also request him to provide you performance test that include the effects of time, because failure of nonmetallic piping can be time-dependent.

Khaled