Re: [PipingDesign] Re: PROCESS INFORMATION

From: <Kevin>
Date: Sat Mar 29 2008 - 12:52:00 EDT

Hi Raees,

I assume that you are a starter in process as you dont know the difference in process and utility lines also the use of inerconnecting P&IDs.

My suggestion to you would be:

In my company, the engineers give markups to the process draughtsmen and they draw in CAD. I dont know the working style of the people who are doing projects on the PDS or PDMS. So once you complete the drawing, ask your engineers a few questions each time on the drawing.

See yourself, where they are asking you to put, gate valve and where they are putting the ball or butterfly. Also check other items like TI, PI and control valves and the relation between control valves and the PT, TTs etc. What are the services, where they are asking for insulation? Check. Slowly you will build a knowledge database in yourself.

If you have internet, check these items there. Plenty of material is available on the valves etc to give you a start.

Search on net, do your homework first and then ask questions. As one of my senior on this forum wrote, read, read, read. So do it.

KG

HI

HAFIZ I RAEES HERE WORKING AS A PROCESS DRAUGHTSMAN IN ONE OF THE COMPANY IN QATAR. I REQUIRE TOTAL INFORMATION REGARDING PROCESS FOR EXAMPLE WHAT IS THE USES OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF VALVES WHAT IS UTILITY LINE & WHAT IS PROCESS LINE. WHAT IS THE USES OF COMPRESSOR MOTOR PUMP AND ALL THAT THINGS WHICH INCLUDES IN PROCESS. WHY WE MAKE INTER CONNECTING P&ID. SO PLEASE HELP ME BYE RAEES ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _ OMG, Sweet deal for Yahoo! users/friends: Get A Month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. W00t
http://tc.deals. yahoo.com/ tc/blockbuster/ text2.com