Realistic Animation of Process Plant Accident

From: <Paul>
Date: Sat May 03 2008 - 00:58:00 EDT

Check out the animation/event reconstruction video from the CSB of the fire and explosion at a propylene plant:

http://www.pipingdesign.com/

Very impressive.

While I believe that fancy animation and overly-detailed walk/fly-thrus during the design phase of such a facility are superfluous, this is a great use of the technology (as is education).

However, I suppose realistic animation *could* be used to deceive people as well, maybe something like ice calving from a glacier or something.

Paul Received on Sat May 03 00:58:00 2008