RE: [PipingDesign] how to write the description of a piping component in the MTO?

From: <Richard>
Date: Mon Jun 16 2008 - 19:54:00 EDT

The Piping Group are responsible to create a piping MTO listing quantities of pipe, fittings, flanges and valves; the items listed in the piping classes. Usually this would be by project or CWP. Your example must also include the NPS size. Other items within the piping system, not listed in the piping classes, are generally specified by another department. Lists for items such as instruments (Instrumentation Group responsibility) and specialty items (Mechanical Group responsibility) are created by the respective group, and should not be listed in the piping MTO. These lists from all disciplines are created for the purchasing department. Often MTOs and BOMs are confused. A BOM that appears on the isometric is for the fabricator/erector and should includes all items required to erect the system. However, the instruments and specialty items are called out by the tag number only. The data sheets, which provide all technical data, are provided from the respective discipline to the needed parties.

Regards,
Richard B.
Calgary, Canada