Re: [PipingDesign] Ball Valve Seal Material for Methanol Service and the Valves at higher temperature

From: <sviswan@technip.com>
Date: Wed Dec 10 2008 - 02:33:00 EST

Nitin,

You have to group your valve requirements based on actual requirements and not based on the limitation imposed by your material logistic application.

Certain elastomer seals are sensitive to Methanol service. You should be able to google yourself enough hits on this.

Sajit

              Nitin Ambavane
              <nitu_ambavane@ya
              hoo.com>                                                   To
              Sent by:                  PipingDesign@yahoogroups.com
              PipingDesign@yaho                                          cc
              ogroups.com
                                                                    Subject
                                        [PipingDesign] Ball Valve Seal
              09/12/08 10:24 AM         Material for Methanol Service and
                                        the Valves at higher temperature

              Please respond to
              PipingDesign@yaho
                 ogroups.com

Hi,

Can any body help me in selecting a common seal material for the Ball Valves used for the Methanol Service and the also for the high temperature?

The Problem is that we have same tag no. for the valves which can anticipate Methanol service at 160 Deg C and also for the other service which has the higher temperature of @ 270 Deg C.

At this point of time it is impossible for us to separte the tag for the Methanol service and that for high temperature Ball Valves.

If possible please send me the literature on the seal material.

Thanks and Regards,
Nitin S Ambavane

  Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to. Received on Wed Dec 10 02:33:00 2008