Re: [PipingDesign] Allowable damage to pipe

From: <M.>
Date: Wed Aug 05 2009 - 08:55:00 EDT

Dear Steve

Fitness-for-service which might be defined as the "quantitative analysis of the adequacy of a component to perform its function in the presence of defect" might be the right method. I recommend in this regard referring to API 579 Fitness for Service document. Note; this document was also adopted by ASME (ASME FFS-1). Performing such analysis is not an easy task and most of the time requires SME. I am sure you are one of them

Good luck